- In South Africa, the price of electricity has increased by 500% over the last 10 years
- Climate change is resulting in much less rainfall with some cities in danger of running out of water
- The price of water provided by the Municipalities is likely to rise significantly
- The cost of Solar PV has decreased by over 50 % over the last 5 years and continues to decrease
- The cost of electrical storage batteries has decreased by 70 % over the last 5 years and is still decreasing
- The latest heat pumps save energy by incorporating inverters to reduce stop/start operation.